Nonexempt (N) Reports to/Dept:
7a-3p or 3p-11p or 11p-7a Summary
The primary objective of this position is to maintain order and cleanliness of the plant and assist operators in safely producing a quality product.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain housekeeping for the entire plant
- Conduct finished product audits and inventories as required
- Assist with stacking seconds and hand stacking bundles as required
- Operate sweeper and perform vehicle inspection
- Monitor wrapper quality and assist wrapper attendant when re-wrapping and re-stacking shingles
- Assist preparing seconds for storage and shipment
- Monitor building maintenance and maintaining facility's grounds, including but not limited to, snow removal and sweeping
- Orders and maintains tools and supplies required to accomplish cleaning role
- Painting of the facility and equipment as required
- Assist in lace up for start-ups and after breaks, perform other misc. duties required by shift supervisor
- Perform other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor
- Participate in safety and good housekeeping programs established in the plant
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Notify supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss accident or on-the-job injury when it occurs, no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Operate equipment only when trained in its use or working with or under the direction of a qualified employee/authorized to do so by your supervisor
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
The applicant should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of all finished products
- Basic mathematics skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
The applicant must be cabable of:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Logging into and navigate company intranet to access for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Logging into and navigate Learning Management System and accomplish required online training routinely
The applicant must have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED
The applicant must have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Have passed lift truck training program and have a forklift operators license
The applicant should possess the ability to:
All candidates offered employment with Owens Corning must pass a hair drug test, a work and professional reference check, and a criminal background check. A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions and must be verifiable. Candidate may be required to provide proof of completion. About Owens Corning
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs to enter work areas
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/Drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Lifting and carrying (up to 40 lbs) from Auto Catcher to seconds re-wrap or recycle/trash receptacle.
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
- Ability to help with all line breaks and lace-ups
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.