With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Lead Person, performs custodial and maintenance duties in and around the facilities. Responds to emergency calls for spills and clean-up services. Complete assigned planned maintenance activities. Set up and take down the auditorium for a wide variety of facility events. Perform other daily general Building Services and Reclamation duties as assigned. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform custodian duties as required.
- Operate various mechanized cleaning equipment such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, floor sweepers, etc.
- Complete assigned planned maintenance activities.
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming. Strip and reseal or wax hard floor surfaces. Steam-clean or shampoo carpets as required.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning, and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Clean in areas which may require the use of a scissor lift. Work in high places (up to 32 feet) in warehouse areas.
- Wash windows as scheduled.
- Completely strip and recoat all floor areas when necessary or as scheduled.
- Periodically check entire area for spills, water, etc.
- Set-up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Remove trash from all areas of the Plant.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Ability to read, speak and understand English
- Ability to work in high or awkward places
- General knowledge of cleaning procedures
- High School diploma or GED
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds routinely. Heavy physical exertion and working in awkward places when scrubbing walls, ceilings, etc. Operate power equipment and occasionally lifts heavy weight material.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.