Shifts may fall on one of the following:
Monday - Friday standard department afternoon shift hours
Monday - Friday standard department midnight shift hoursPosition Overview
This position will fill in gaps in labor for the hourly positions across the Metal Department. The Utility worker is responsible for performing any non-certified/unskilled hourly job. Additionally will perform certified jobs once trained and certified. EHS Requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Sandblast operations include: Operates sandblast, tumbling, vibratory or REM equipment to clean metal castings of scale, foreign material and discoloration to produce a smooth surface.
Basic QualificationsMinimum Requirements
- Carter operations include: Picks up and delivers products to transport products throughout plant. Box assembly and other shipping dock duties such as preparing shipments.
- Etcher I Operations include: Chemically etching of parts and water-honing/ drying oven operation.
- Grinder Operations include: Back-stand grinding only, set-ups, calibrations and verifications of fixtures and taking quality measurements.
- This position may also fill in other areas as a Utility Worker (grade 6 and under) as needed based on business needs. Training will be required
- Must meet Export Control Regulations (ITAR)
- High School Diploma or GED
Must pass etcher I visual exam and Level 1 certification Other Skills/Abilities
- Flexibility to work in many different jobs
- Frequent Standing, Walking and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Manufacturing environment (hot, cold, etc)
- Use of blast machines, grinding machines, hand tools and other manufacturing equipment
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.