Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting
division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Casting Operation
has an immediate need for Weekend Shift Utility Workers
in our Cutting & Cleaning department.
Shifts may fall on one of the following:
Midnight Shift: Mon - Fri 10 PM -6 AM (shift starts on Sunday night)
Weekend Day Shift: Saturday/Sunday/Monday day shift (6am - 6pm)
Weekend Midnight Shift: Saturday/Sunday/Monday night shift (6pm - 6am) (starts Friday night) POSITION OVERVIEW
The Utility worker is responsible for performing any non-certified/unskilled hourly job supporting the depatment. Additionally, will perform certified jobs once trained and certified. ENVIORNMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / EQUIPMENT USED
- Cuts/Grinds castings, removes sprue or gates from cast clusters using the various pieces of Cutting/Grinding equipment assigned to the department.
- Performs alloy verification procedure (after certification is obtained).
- Keeps scrap and spruing separate with proper identity.
- Required to perform K/O procedure and/or KOH soak/Core removal procedure, Water Hone or Sand Blast (cleaning) of castings
- Maintains identity of castings through all operations.
- Maintains records as required.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Follow all applicable safety rules. Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs other functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Alloy verification equipment.
- cut-off/Grind equipment.( Manual and Auto )
- Shell removal equipment ( Knock out and Blast )
- KOH Soak and Rinse Tanks
- Frequent Standing, Walking and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Manufacturing environment (hot, cold, etc.)
- Use of blast machines, grinding machines, hand tools and other manufacturing equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic Qualifications
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- Must have High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass visual eye exam and alloy verification certification.
- Able to perform repeated lifting.
- Strong English language skills.
- Flexibility to work in many different jobs