101 Post Street (61057), United States of America, San Francisco, California
UX & UI Mobile Experience Designer
As a manager of UI/UX experience, you should have a background in digital design, geek out about the latest technologies, and believe that no digital experience is perfect unless it delights customers in ways they never knew were important – but now can’t live without. You have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything’s possible” mindset. You’re proud of your work, your skill, your experience and your expertise. You’re not cynical, inflexible, or only about your portfolio and you want to be part of something great.
Your designs are thoughtful and make sense in a mobile context. You know how to leverage and advocate for the unique interaction patterns of iOS and Android; and you’re not afraid to try something new to raise the bar where it makes sense for the customer. You’ll be responsible for researching, exploring and documenting the insights, reasoning and decisions that validate our approach to the final product or experience; secondarily, create high-fidelity visualizations of the digital experiences we intend to create. Can you write solid front-end code, or design in the browser, too? Great, that’s a plus.
Specific tasks include:
- Advocate and be the voice of our customer in our product development process
- Develop and maintain artifacts that express humanity, simplicity and ingenuity
- Focus on interaction design for mobile iOS and Android platforms
- Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
- Collaborate and create visual design and strategy for prototyping and mobile pilot efforts
- Translate business requirements into (lo or hi-fi) visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize task flows
- Partner with Product Managers to influence product design and express / own the UX strategy
- Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 5 years of user experience with experience design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction
- 5+ years of experience with user experience design for digital products
- 5+ years of experience with Sketch or the Adobe Creative Suite
- 5+ years of experience with prototyping tools
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.