San Francisco, CA, United States
Do you dream of designing products that have a positive impact on a global scale? Are you a well-rounded designer looking to join a high-performing Design team where your impact will be felt immediately? At Opower, we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we can help them lower their bills and reduce energy usage. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
We are hiring for an experienced designer or developer with a strong design sense to take part in interdisciplinary projects and bring his/her own unique talents to our Design team dynamic. We're a small team, and you will contribute to several different elements of our product suite, reaching millions of people across the globe.
As a UX Designer/Developer, you'll work with multiple product teams to design new features and translate designs into functional front-end code.A portfolio is required.
Show us projects that demonstrate your enthusiasm for toeing the line between design and code. We want to see user-friendly product designs that showcase your dev skills, process, and creativity for solving interesting challenges.
About the Team To learn more about us, please visit our UX team site: https://ux.opower.com/.
If making a positive impact on the world is important to you, and you identify with the below qualities, we'd love to speak with you.
What You'll Make Happen:
- Get up to speed on Opower products and behavioral science fundamentals
- Become fluent in Opower's visual design patterns and our front-end framework
- Establish functional collaboration with fellow designers in your product group
- Conduct user research to support your design process
- Provide ongoing support to PMs and engineers during development project rollouts
- Contribute to Oracle's Design culture with your own unique talents, and grow your career down a path that's right for you
You Get Excited By:
- The intersection of design and development: you easily jump from Illustrator to code and back without skipping a beat. If you're sketching a new idea on paper, your brain is already working out how to implement the idea in CSS.
- Trying out new technologies: you know CSS through-and-through, and you're excited about newer technologies like Sass, LESS, or Stylus
- Articulating the various principles of responsive and adaptive design
- Dabbling with frameworks like AngularJS or React
- 2-4 years designing and prototyping with a user experience team
- BA/BS in a design-oriented discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- A portfolio of well-designed, user-centered projects
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.