Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate and talented UX / visual design intern to join our Hearthstone, Blizzard.com, and BlizzCon.com web development team for the summer of 2017! You'll join a hand-picked squad of Blizzard fans, engineers, designers, analysts, and program managers with an awesome mission: bring the quality and fun of Blizzard gaming to the web for Hearthstone, Blizzard.com, and BlizzCon.com.
As UX / visual design intern in Austin, you will combine your skills and passion for product, interaction, and visual design to help shape the end-to-end user experience of Blizzard web initiatives. You will create wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes; participate in usability sessions to validate your designs, and work hand-in-hand with engineers to implement your work--putting our users and the quality of their web experience first at every step.
This internship is a perfect fit for candidates who are entrepreneurial, excited about working in a fast and agile environment, and passionate about the opportunity to learn and grow within an established, fun, and highly-motivated design team. Join us!
Intern Guild Requirements
- Help define the end-to-end user experience and strategy of projects in collaboration with the team and other Blizzard departments.
- Understand the behavior and motivations of our users through the collection and review of analytics data, competitive analysis, interviews, A / B testing, and other details gathered by dedicated Blizzard research teams.
- Create design solutions including wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, and mockups.
- Collaborate with our research team to validate and iterate on your design solutions through feedback sessions, live testing, etc.
- Adapt product experiences to different audiences based on their needs and the devices they use (feature personalization, responsive design, accessibility, etc.).
- Contribute to the creation, organization and distribution of project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories.
- Seek input and feedback from teammates and stakeholders across the company to help you define your design solutions, and present these solutions to the team.
- Build close relationships with program managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to maintain strong project and team alignment.
- Help drive design projects through research, execution, implementation, QA testing, launch, and ongoing support.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Currently pursuing a degree (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral) in design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Passion for web and mobile technology, gaming, and for creating great user-centered experiences
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong visual design, typography, layout, and composition skills, and understanding of the Blizzard art and visual style
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and prototypes (using either Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, HTML, etc.)
- Experience with designing experiences for mobile devices / responsive design
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data through competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Please provide us with a URL or PDF file
- Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc. Bonus points if you provide Blizzard-inspired samples!
- Cover Letter
- Tell us why you are interested in an internship at Blizzard
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.