Web UX Design Lead
The Team and Role:
The Enterprise Digital Innovation & Design team at Capital One is a diverse group of human-centered designers charged with disrupting how people interact with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. The Enterprise team has the unique ability to address the comprehensive needs of our broad customer base, creating products and experiences that are simple, relevant and delightful to all.
We’re looking for an experienced UX design rockstar to help lead next-generation web experiences for Capitalone.com. You will work closely with design leadership and a full cross-disciplinary team to devise research, strategy, and designs that establish the future vision of Capital One’s online customer experience. This team is thinking big, devising experiments that are both innovative and industry leading while developing a design system that will help define and drive change across the organization.
• A master craftsman. This isn’t your first rodeo. You’re a UX wizard (a humble one) that can confidently drive projects from research and strategy through detailed wireframe execution. You’ve got a whole arsenal of tools and techniques at your disposal that you dispatch appropriately depending on customer and business goals.
• A systems thinker. You think larger than just the task at hand. You have lots of experience working within large and complicated web and product eco-systems with many touch points and channels. When you craft solutions, you’re thinking about how they will scale and fit within established systems and patterns.
• Passionate. You are genuinely interested in what you do. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and advocate for their needs within the business.
• An adaptable communicator. You not only know how to craft your design ideas into visionary and strategically charged stories, but you are able to modify your communication style to best fit a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders.
• Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams with other designers, product managers and engineers. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open and enjoy contributing, which contributes to your respected leadership on the team.
• A strong leader. You’re a pro-active team player who leads by example. You jump in to lead and facilitate group sessions, take on accountability and ownership of work, but also know how to roll up your sleeves and contribute to whatever, whenever. People on your team are inspired by your humble expertise.
• A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage you and your teams time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with the broader team.
What You’ll Bring:
• A portfolio that highlights strong web experience developing cutting-edge design flows and interaction models for large scale, best in class brands. Your portfolio should show work that spans across a variety of platforms, is responsive and considers scale.
• Solid UX experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, customer journey maps and site maps.
• Experience leading and facilitating user research interviews. Ability to analyze results and report in a compelling, actionable way as well as lead cross-disciplinary synthesis and brainstorm sessions.
• Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs.
• Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
• Ability to create prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
• Ability to craft elegant and persuasive presentation and storytelling capabilities that create momentum and buy-in of your teams work from business stakeholders.
• Pro-active leadership style, driving strategy and vision of your team while providing constructive feedback and empowering others.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
• Proficiency with current design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience designing for omni-channel services
- 3 years of experience with prototyping tools.
- 2 years of experience working in agile teams.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.