UX Design Manager San Francisco, CA, United States About the Job
Do you dream of designing products that have a positive impact on a global scale? Are you a well-rounded designer looking to join a high-performing Design team where your impact will be felt immediately? At Opower, we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we can help them lower their bills and reduce energy usage. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future.
We are hiring for an experienced Design Manager to lead our team of designers and researchers, take part in interdisciplinary projects and bring his/her own unique talents to our team dynamic. We're a small team, and you will contribute to several different elements of our product suite, reaching millions of people across the globe.A portfolio is required.
We want to see hands-on design work that includes user-friendly consumer product designs to showcase your skills, process, and creativity for approaching interesting challenges. We'd also like to see initiatives you drove, teams you lead and your overall approach to management.
About the Team To learn more about us, please visit our UX team site: https://ux.opower.com/.
If making a positive impact on the world is important to you, and you identify with the below qualities, we'd love to speak with you.
What You'll Make Happen:
- Get up to speed on Opower products and Behavioral Science fundamentals.
- Provide leadership and career mentorship to a talented team of Designers and Researchers.
- Work with leadership to define and continually improve our design process.
- Apply your knowledge of Design Research to strategically apply research to benefit the design process and our product suite.
- Encourage a healthy balance between work and life that meets the needs of each team member based on their abilities, aspirations, and availability.
- Act as the user-advocate in cross-functional teams with Product and Engineering.
- Lead high-visibility hands-on design projects from concept through delivery.
- Contribute to Oracle's Design culture with your own unique talents, and grow your career down a path that's right for you.
You Get Excited By:
- Teaching and mentoring individuals to the success of the team.
- Doing hands-on design work: you enjoy laboring just as much as helping others succeed. On our team, everyone participates in the design process.
- Designing for the underserved: you love accessible and responsive technologies that meet the needs of consumers and professionals alike.
- The importance of practicing user-centered design.
- Process, frameworks, and a challenge to wrestle with.
- BA/BS in a design-oriented discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 5 years relevant design or research experience
- 2 years managing a team
- A passion for management and
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.