BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
UX DESIGN MANAGER
As the UX Design Manager, you will help develop and manage a team of high performing Product Designers. The team will define and design product interfaces across channels. As the manager, you will work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, working closely with the Director of Digital Member Experience, product management, engineering, marketing, and company leaders to go from early stage concepts to launch. You will manage workflow across the entire team, be a stakeholder in business reviews, and manage priorities, capacity, and delivering results.
Our ideal candidate must be able to think strategically and translate business needs into user-centered solutions that scale. You will have a passion for designing innovative user experiences informed by user research, industry best practices, and iterative testing. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative (in-person and remote) peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables that achieve user goals and business requirements.
- Manage a team of Product Designers within the newly formed Digital Member Experience department.
- Present work to design, product, marketing, and technical peers and facilitate effective feedback mechanisms.
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the member experience based on user research and analytic data.
- Collaborate with product management to drive business requirements, scenarios, and use cases.
- Partner with the Digital Creative Manager to establish design patterns and functionality across BJ's Wholesale Club and develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency.
- Work with technical teams to identify and creatively solve for difficult technical challenges.
- Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs.
- Previous experience managing at least two UX Designers required
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Design Manager, Interaction Design Manager, or similar role.
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Has been responsible for driving design review cycles and closing on design requirements independently.
- Experience working cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience designing internal tools to help streamline processes and create more efficient workstreams for internal stakeholders and customers.
- Communication, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills: can visualize design problems and abstract information and articulate it in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend.
- Attention to detail including customer communications and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to present strategic concepts, evaluate tradeoffs and socialize new ideas with business partners.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) team
- Hands on experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC team
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and InDesign
- eCommerce and retail expertise is bonus.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
“For those whose hearts are bigger than their budgets, BJ’s makes it possible to live generously”