Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Why We Rock.
Employees... it's one of our core values. People here are hired for being innovative, customer-centric, and fun. But don't take our word for it -- we've been on Fortune's 100 best companies to work for list for two years, and voted the Bay Area's #1 Best Place to Work for large companies for the last five years.
Workday Product Design is committed to bring to life our passion around employees and customers within our products. Have you worked with your teams to deliver amazing user experiences? Do you passionately believe that all application experiences whether it's personal or professional must be as simple, engaging, and innovative? If so... join us!
We're looking for a Senior Director of Product Design to drive a dynamic and entrepreneurial team motivated to build product that is a cut above. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Experience Technology, and Design. What You'll Do.
What You Bring.
- Build out the vision and strategy of the UX team
- Your network allows you to be a talent magnet to hire top UX talent
- Partners with Engineering and Product Management organizations to develop and refine product requirements.
- Develop relevant UX strategies and designs by collecting business needs from one or more stakeholders while considering end-user needs
- Promote user experience best practices
- Ability to adhere and contribute to style guide/pattern library, helping to maintain a consistent brand identity throughout the customer experience
- Creates, and directs the creation of, artifacts used to validate ideas (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
Inspires, provides opportunities, tools, frameworks that increase productivity, creativity, curiosity, or consistency
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively across all organizational levels, including members of the executive team
- Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
- Able to clearly articulate design decisions verbally and in writing
- Grow your team and recruit top talent by participating in recruiting, retaining, and mentoring a design team
- Directly manages Directors to help them reach business and career goals, participates in performance reviews
- Drive the overall design vision and ensure that vision is carried throughout the organization
- Manage a talented group of Product Design Managers
- Empower your managers to drive best in class performance amongst their teams
- Enhance the performance and skill set of your organization by promoting mentoring and educational opportunities
- Build relationships with other managers and leaders at Workday
- Represent Workday as the leader of product design for Workday products
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a reputable design school
- Your experience is strong with at least 5+ years in a Design Leadership role
- You have a passion for human centered design
- You know what it takes to be a successful designer due to your prior design experience and you have the DRIVE and leadership abilities to inspire others to execute your vision
- Your presentation skills, and a recognition for the power of great storytelling is unmatched and easily present at the Executive level
Come work with a fun team that is highly productive and visible. We love to get things done and have a great time doing it! We work in a collaborative, flexible, and amazing cultural environment. We'd love to show you why we are rated the #1 place to work by many! About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.