In this exciting new Penske position, as a UX Designer you will provide strategic UX research, expertise and direction for Penske websites and applications. You will synthesize business requirements, systems assessments, user data, customer interviews and market research to design elegant and effective user experiences across systems and applications. You will determine proper structure and framework for applications. Major Responsibilities
- Design solutions that incorporate current best practices in usability and interaction design, leveraging both responsive and device-native strategies.
- Conduct needs analyses by synthesizing business requirements, system assessments, contextual inquiries, user data, customer interviews and market research.
- Work collaboratively on teams that include both internal and external colleagues.
- Create deliverables from scratch with little to no oversight, including:
- Sketches and storyboards
- Workflow diagrams
- Requirements documentation
- User research and usability testing scripts and discussion guides
- Lead or monitor UX research and usability testing sessions.
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to internal lines of business and external partners.
- Collaborate effectively with IT and development teams.
- Stay up-to-date on current best practices, trends, and technologies in user experience design.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating exceptional user experiences across complex systems on multiple platforms, including mobile.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of proven experience in the UX design field. Applicants with fewer years may be considered if skills have been acquired through Bachelor or Masters studies for interactive design and media
- Extreme attention to detail with focus on efficiency.
- Proven ability to drive project work streams and deliverables with little to no oversight.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate design ideas to team members and product lines in live presentations.
- Healthy obsession with understanding the customer and a passion for advocating for customer needs across projects, products and platforms.
- Working knowledge of tools and applications that support UX deliverables, such as storyboards, personas, wireframes, prototypes, and flowcharts.
- Experience working within teams that leverage well-defined style guides, templates and visual design systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Bachelors or Masters in design a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic principles of visual design and related tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Experience designing for native mobile (iOS or Android) platforms
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required. Physical Requirements:
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.