What you’ll be doing...
About our team
The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touch points through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
Working from a newly designed studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the most important touch points across the customer journey.
About this role
As a UX Designer you will lead the end-to-end UX work stream, designing brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
Work will span the design process, from front end design definition to agile development and implementation, so your work may include everything from mapping the ideal customer journey to evolving a product feature after an MVP launch.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define the structure, navigation and functionality of digital products to support a customer’s path through a system and ensure satisfying interactions and an overall experience that transforms customers into advocates
- Partner with IT, Business, and Research leads to gain an understanding of business, technical, and end user needs to help define and defend strategy for design solutions
- Create, and maintain UX/UI design documentation including system maps, task flows, wireframes, annotated screens, and prototypes to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Partner with design researchers to define research goals and create stimuli for use in in-person and remote sessions, leveraging learnings to inform design iterations
- Partner with IT to understand technical constraints and opportunities, ensuring designs are implementable, scalable, and accessible
- Partner with strategic business leads to ensure clear two-way gathering and distribution of business intelligence and requirements
- Facilitate work sessions that drive ideation and present design work to team members, stakeholders, and leadership
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communication Design, or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience designing and launching a diverse range of digital products (apps, websites, and software) across platforms (mobile, tablet, desktop, and connected devices), ideally for large audiences, and a portfolio of impressive work.
- Expertise in core design skills including the development of scalable design systems, intuitive interaction models, information architecture, user flows, pattern guides, motion graphic studies and product features.
- Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation.
- Strengths in secondary areas such as prototyping, front end development, user research, visual design, prototyping, service design, and/or content strategy.
- Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end users, and passion for teaching and learning from others to shape process and culture.
- Expertise in core design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Flinto, and Figma with an interest in exploring new tools and processes.
- Willingness to work out of New York office with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Piscataway, NJ.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.