We're the Customer Experience Design Team at Capital One Small Business — every day, our design team creates experiences that are making a difference in the lives of small business owners. We believe banks have taken the small business owner for granted and provide them little value, and we're changing that – we want your help achieving this mission.
We have an opportunity for a stellar UX Designer to join our growing cross-discipline team.
… Design with the entire customer journey in mind
… Love to lead design programs and inspire your teams to deliver the best work of their lives
… Thrive in collaborating across disciplines to define, design, iterate, iterate, iterate, then build and finally ship high quality products and services
… Sweat the details in all that you do
… Derive insights from customer research to target your design solutions
… Have a penchant for curiosity that gets you into trouble
… Adapt at reading the “tea leaves” of organizations while not being distracted by them
… Crave working for experienced leaders who say "yes" to ideas and approaches
… Genuinely want to help people
Then we just might be the perfect match.
Still new to the Capital One family, we’re like a startup within an already-successful company, and because of it we’re able to do more. Capital One is NOT a tired, slow bank; if you can dream it, design it and work with other teams to build it, you can make it happen here.
We’re looking for a world-class UX Designer. The role of UX Designer will contribute to the design of the world’s most intuitive and loved set of integrated financial products and services for Small Businesses. This initiative is high profile for Capital One and with your contribution it can successfully grow to serve our customers nationwide.
The challenge for you — bring a smart, disciplined approach to creativity through a user centered design process – to deliver an ecosystem of world-class products and services to our customers. Capital One Small Business understands the power of Design — you’ll continue that lead by showing the way forward through leadership, customer empathy, iterative design and experimentation.
There's a lot of opportunity for the right candidate-
- Develop your potential as a Designer, whether that be investing more in your craft, becoming a team lead or making your way toward Design Management.
- We’re a purpose driven team, we believe deeply in Small Businesses and their supporting their idea of success nor matter the size or ambition.
- Be a part of one of the largest investments in Design by a financial company by defining what it means to have impact while having fun. Plain simply, fun.
Our User Experience Designers are critical to our success
- Use interaction design to create and deliver innovative end-to-end experiences across multiple platforms which balance customer needs, business goals and technological realities across the ecosystem
- From pencils to pixels, create sketches, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and other design artifacts to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts and details
- Collaborate with design and other team members to deliver the best possible products and services to our small business customers, while navigating what it takes to build and ship products to market
- Partner with design leadership to help define and prioritize the customer experience, associated roadmaps and backlogs
- Use presentation and facilitation skills to help drive to the best outcome in partnership with stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
Here's what you bring:
- Clear record of shipping high quality products and services to customers
- Strong user experience design skills applied within the context of a product or service organization
- Experience in working through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design and testing of new product concepts and product iteration
- An understanding of design programs that includes consideration of the overarching customer experience, organizational frameworks, product ecosystems, roadmaps and release cycles
- A generative work style – you are able to iterate rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low to hi-fidelity, tangible and conceptual)
- The ability to translate research, insight and strategy into concepts and designs that communicate your vision through design artifacts and presentations
- A strength in using storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- An ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity – you know how to keep moving in the right direction
- The ability to see beyond what is simply being asked, and look for opportunities to innovate, challenge and push boundaries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- At least 1 year of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience designing for omni-channel services
- 3 years of experience with prototyping tools such as InVision
- 1 year of experience with Sketch
- 1 year of experience prototyping experience
- 1 year of experience with agile
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.