PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
At Exelon, our Digital team aims to rapidly deliver reliable and innovative products and services that enable the business and enhance our customer’s experience. Our team is excited to create and pave the digital path forward for Exelon. We value our people and the diverse skills and backgrounds they bring to collectively work towards Exelon’s goal of providing clean, affordable and innovative energy to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you will help in shaping the future of Exelon by contributing to the design of a wide range of digital solutions. We’re looking for a UX Designer to bring user-centered design (UCD) principles to produce high-quality designs across platforms and technologies and for all the different touchpoints the user has with a digital solution. If you are passionate about improving people's lives through design and technology and enjoy the design process, from developing strong conceptual foundations to refining the smallest of details with quality and dignity, this is the role for you!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Bring the voice of the user while accommodating user needs and technical requirements
- Contributing to the design of and defining some features on a project or product release.
- Use design processes and tools (e.g., wireframes, prototypes, personas, research, journey maps, etc) to help take digital solutions from concept to launch
- Identify the best methods for user research and testing within project constraints
- Ensure consistency in experience across multiple platforms (e.g., mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Work within agile methodology and engage in exploratory development and iterative processes
- Present design concepts and deliverables to design team and project stakeholders
- 2-3 years of relevant UX Design experience (including detailed annotated wireframes, user flows, and process flows within complex applications)
- A portfolio featuring a variety of design solutions across multiple platforms
- Experience with prototyping across various platforms
- Ability to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with remote project teams
- Degree in User Experience, Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with user research, experience strategy, and design
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.