Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is looking for a talented senior designer to join our Innovation team. Join a small, dynamic group that conceives and designs new concepts, and plays a pivotal role in collaborations with Visa partners, working with emerging technologies such as Internet of Things and cardless payments.
You're an experienced creative who is in your element designing across different media and in small, agile teams. You'll work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design beautiful and engaging product experiences, as animated interfaces, videos or working apps. You'll be involved in the early stages of research and ideation and will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the iteration and development process. You have a confident design voice and will at times lead creative working sessions to develop stories or ideate solutions.
All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. Each team member is trusted to independently manage their time and work, and make bold decisions using their best judgement. We value proven skills over big egos and thrive on positive, transparent teamwork.
This role is located in our innovation center in San Francisco overlooking the historic Ferry Building, where we collaborate with Visa clients to explore new product opportunities and the future of payments.
- Conceive and design experiences that are delightful and engaging in multiple media
- Collaborate with small, dynamic teams to create compelling product concepts
Work closely with clients in a customer-focused environment
- Present design concepts to Executive Leadership and external partners
- Understand and advocate for the consumer's experience
- Mentor junior staff, and provide guidance and oversight to their work
- Oversee and manage contract staff as needed
- Candidate must communicate ideas and design decisions effectively
- Strong design skills with mobile, video, animation and experience with emerging media such as VR
- Fluent in wireframes, visual designs, storyboards
- Strong facilitator and collaborator
- Experience working hands-on with developers and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a strong design point-of-view and proven ability to communicate it
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision, Sketch
- 5-10 yrs. experience, preferably working with start-ups and established companies
- BA/BS in related field required. MS/MFA preferred
- Applicants must provide a link to portfolio of work samples showing mobile design, storyboarding and wire framing.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.