Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
UX Interaction Designer
Design and User Experience
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a UX Interaction Designer, you will be part of the Service Management ecosystem development team which is a part of Core Tech Solutions. This role is responsible for user interface development within various instances of ServiceNow and other strategic technology. The person in this position will work independently and contribute to the team with direction from the Senior Team Members or Management.
* Participate in discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
* Demonstrate understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
* Create documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
* Assist in the evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
* Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
* Gather data and that aides in the development of architectural requirements at project level
* Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a minimum of 1 years of professional technical experience
* Deep technical knowledge (1+ years) of ServiceNow in a development and/or platform management capacity
* Minimum 1 years of proven experience with project management methodologies
* Solid understanding of the principles of design thinking, human/computer interaction.
* Understanding of ITIL and Service Management
* Agile Scrum experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Familiar with standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
* ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ITIL Certification or other relevant certifications
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to Senior Team Members or Management
* Creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to remain enthusiastic, while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.