Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard looking for a user experience (UX) intern for summer 2017. We are seeking individuals who love solving complex problems and are passionate about research, design, and gaming. A UX intern could be working on a variety of user-centered design or research projects, creating and supporting software or Web solutions for our gamers or employees. This opportunity favors people with an entrepreneurial spirit who can think globally. A UX intern's workload may be research-focused, design-focused, or both, depending on their interests, passions, and abilities.
Intern Guild Requirements
- Help the team understand what our users are doing and why - Usability, interviews, Web and business intelligence (BI) analytics, multivariate statistics, and data mining
- Define problems and opportunities - Analysis of current behaviors combined with our business needs that you will form into stories
- Create and show solutions - Reports and data-driven recommendations for changes based on your findings
- Iterate based on "validated learning" - More testing and analysis as you work with designers and researchers
- Deliver and follow through - Launch new ideas and post-launch analysis on metrics and user behavior
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2017 internship
- Able to work full-time hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology and gaming
- A passion for great experiences and user-centered designs
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Experience with designing and conducting user studies (ex: digital ethnography, usability testing, interviews, field studies, surveys)
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and low-fidelity prototypes (using Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Can support research team with competitive analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.
Quest Items Warning! Applications that do not include all of the required quest item materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Majoring in a related field (human computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, human factors, informatics, social science, etc.)
- Experience creating personas
- Experience using eye-tracking software is a plus
- Basic experience creating wireframes, flows, and prototypes are a plus
- Knowledge of video editing with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After effects (or equivalent) is a plus
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.