IBM Bluemix is quickly becoming the world's premier cloud platform for software developers, data scientists, and large-scale operations by differentiating on pinnacle user experience. It builds on the SoftLayer cloud infrastructure and brings to market premier open-source platform capabilities such as Openstack, Docker, and Cloud Foundry. On top of that base, we are providing IBM's entire portfolio of capabilities for instant use. As the candidate helps to grow and unifies our catalog of cloud offerings, the impact of their design work will be felt across the entire IBM Company. The candidate's UX will be used across the world by hundreds of thousands to build, deploy, and manage Cloud Infrastructure for use by millions.
• Contribute to and review design efforts as needed to ensure ideas are realized to their fullest potential through the effective use of user centered design and information principles.
• Participate as a design lead to cross-functional teams that include creative leads, other designers, project management, product management, software developers, and QA.
• Participate in product and feature ideation and conceptual development for web and mobile solutions, also taking into account responsive design considerations.
• Produce user requirements specifications, conceptual models, personas, storyboards/scenarios, flow charts, conceptual sketches, wireframes, IAs, design prototypes, and design specifications.
• Design and specify user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
• Create digital assets that effectively communicate product function and intent, user interaction, and screen hierarchy.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually to stakeholders and team members.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• Manage multiple projects at one time, switching focus between projects as required to manage priorities.
• 3k a year for conferences and continuing education
• New Macbook Pros
• Thunderbolt monitors
• Open work environment
• Standing desks
• Free snacks and drinks
• Quarterly team outings
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.