Contributes to Verizon's success by infusing a holistic and actionable view of the consumer and marketplace by providing a single source of truth throughout the company, by contributing to all aspects of research projects including project definition. The person in this role will drive a deep understanding of the needs and preferences of both the consumer and business market segments which can be turned into business advantages/action plans for the company.
- Partner, consult and collaborate with Line of Business leaders to identify and address key business issues and provide actionable consumer insights that drive Verizon's competitive advantage.
- Define research objectives and select appropriate research methodologies to address those objectives
- Write concise and actionable research summaries to communicate research findings
- Synthesize and integrate current and previous research findings to tell the consumer story.
- Inspire research suppliers to consistently deliver their best efforts: deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.
- Manage market research agency partners: communicate research objectives, identify deliverables, collaborate on methodology development, review questionnaires to ensure that all Business objectives are addressed, test online surveys and ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverables.
- Manage agency partners to remain within project scope, timing and budget
- Manage all aspects of project timeline including hitting all major project milestones, coordinating and synthesizing cross functional inputs on questionnaires and ensuring any research stimulus is appropriate, accurate and delivered on time.
- Uncover insights that lead to outstanding customer experiences.
Highly consultative role that oversees all phases of primary and secondary research acquisition and interpretation providing key strategic input to the business. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand the market and business context, synthesize all relevant information, and tell a compelling story that leads to actionable recommendations - presenting findings to all levels of management including senior vice presidents. Oversee UX testing on major digital initiatives including translating business scope into research plan across sprints, executing the research, synthesizing insights and drive continuous design optimization through consumer testing. Additionally, ensure existing research and multi-source synthesis is used to inform the design work.
- This role requires a Bachelor’s degree with 7+ year’s successful consumer market insights experience / BS or equivalent degree in psychology, cognitive science, human factors, design, etc.
- Experience conducting research in user experience (UX), product design, or technology contexts in extremely agile, cross-functional environment.
- Expert knowledge existing research techniques and emerging trends.
- A strong history of quickly gaining credibility, collaborating and successfully influencing business partners.
- Personal credibility, confidence and robustness to influence business partners, and challenge existing business models.
- Highly developed strategic thinking, commercial and marketing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to contribute at a strategic level with the POV of the consumer.
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude towards business challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be impactful and have the ability to present complicated material in a concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to synthesize and integrate current and previous research findings to tell the consumer story.
- A proven ability to bring the very best out of suppliers, both in terms of servicing and encouraging them to develop new techniques
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, can-do culture.
- Ability to work effectively on their own and work well under tight deadlines.
- Able to effectively work on multiple projects at a time.
- Must be able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives.
- Outstanding PowerPoint and excel skills required.
- Track record of bringing complex projects to successful completion
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.