: User Experience Manager (M2)
Job Family: Usability, User Experience
Oracle's User Experience team of over 150 people brings together some of the world's best designers and usability engineers to create next generation user experiences. We use the latest industry standards and best practices to design applications that help our customers do their jobs better.
The UX Manager will work closely with UX upper management and key cross-functional business leaders to design and test enterprise software features and applications.
Responsibilities: • Supervise interaction designers, visual designers, researchers and UI developers in planning, design, and production of UX designs and UCD activities
• Scope and schedule upcoming projects to balance workload across your team
• Review and provide feedback on team member's work products.
• Mentor team members and identify educational opportunities for your team
• Build relationships with other managers and leaders
• Perform individual technical projects as needed
• Develop and implement technical and developmental goals for team (in conjunction w/ upper management)
• Recruit top UX talent for your team
Qualifications: • 8-10 yrs experience in the design of user experiences for software products
• At least 5 years experience managing user experience teams
• Proven experience designing for mobile
• BA/BS or MS degree in HCI, or related field
• Demonstrated success and leadership in application of UCD process for shipped products
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. developers, managers and users
• Experience in creating UX designs in an Agile development process
Special Skills • Expert knowledge of industry standards and design patterns. Visual design expertise a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze usability requirements
• Functional knowledge of Oracle Human Resource and/or Financial Management products a plus
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.