The web and mobile team is looking for a passionate UX research intern for Summer 2017 to join our group of enthusiastic, talented, genuine, fun, and data-driven individuals. You'll help us understand the needs and behavior of new, veteran, and potential players as they use our websites, mobile applications, and games. As a part of the research and insights group within the web and mobile team, you'll have the opportunity to assist our user researcher on projects for Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Esports, just to name a few. People with highly diverse skills-program managers, designers, engineers, analysts and more will count on your inquisitive mind to help inform our product decisions.
We're more than just a gaming company; we're an entertainment company. Help us shape our journey to creating the most epic experiences ever. What you'll do during your internship
Intern Guild Requirements
- Work closely with Blizzard Entertainment's product teams to identify research topics and learning opportunities.
- Help our teams understand what our users are doing and why: design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Assist in producing and presenting meaningful and actionable insights / reports.
- Have the opportunity to own a research project from start to finish.
- Collaborate with internal user research teams and other teams to provide a complete view of our players to our game site teams, marketing teams, and leadership.
- Nurture a philosophy of ongoing iteration alongside our designers and program managers. Use research learnings to help polish our visual designs and user journeys.
- Help us establish smart performance benchmarks for our products.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods and statistical concepts
- Passion for web and mobile technology, gaming, and for creating great user-centered experiences
- Experience working on multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Required Application Materials
- Majoring in a related field (sociology, anthropology, cognitive psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, product design, etc.)
- Passion for Blizzard games and video games
- Experience facilitating usability studies, moderating focus groups, creating surveys, etc.
- Experience with web analytics tools
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Sample of materials that demonstrates your research acumen
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.