Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a passionate, creative, and talented user interface (UI) design intern for Hearthstone. The UI intern will work closely with the rest of the UI team, the art director, and designers to help design Hearthstone's user interfaces across all platforms. Quest Objectives
Intern Guild Requirements
- Understand and build upon the established visual characteristics of Hearthstone's UI.
- Be part of discussions to brainstorm new features and improvements throughout the entire project interface.
- Create designs that can be consistent across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet, and phone).
- Work collaboratively within a team of developers.
- Iterate using feedback to drive design to a high quality state.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work full-time hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- A passion for video games, and user interface design
- A passion for hearthstone, and the desire to make improvements to the existing state of the game
- Strong graphic design skills - an understanding of Blizzard's artistic sense, and fluency in Adobe Photoshop
- Able to illustrate UI components that are consistent with Hearthstone's design philosophy
- Understanding of UI, and usability principles
- Awareness of current UI trends across multiple platforms
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Excellent verbal communications skills
Require Application Materials
- Experience designing functional user interfaces for personal/team projects
- Wireframe / prototyping skills
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard Entertainment games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard / with the Hearthstone team
- What games you are currently playing, and which games do you consider to have good UI
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.