LifeLock, a Symantec brand, is a leading provider of proactive identity-theft protection products and services for consumers-and consumer risk-management services for enterprises. Our identity theft protection and remediation services help provide some peace of mind for over 5 million members. We're a growing, performance-driven and customer-focused company. If you want to work in a collaborative environment with the energy of a startup and the strength of an industry leader, we want to talk to you.What You'll Do:
The Design Director will work to define the design guidelines, look and feel direction and usability (UX/UI) requirements of LifeLock's core Identity Theft Protection Products. This will include the Web and Mobile implementations of our productsThe Day-to-Day:
- Work with Product Management, Marketing and Market Research leadership to develop a core understanding of our users, brand positioning and communication and use cases for our products.
- Help develop and monitor compliance with brand and usability guidelines across the product development teams.
- Serve as the point of coordination among the UX/UI designers to ensure consistency in look and feel across the products
- Be the advocate for our members in the overall product design process. Insure that UX/UI and visual design applied by the design team reinforces our brand attributes and best serves the use cases of our members
- Collaborate with and develop mutual respect and trust with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing.
- Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Manage user experience research and usability studies.
- Manage regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways.
The position has no direct reports, but will coordinate the activity of four to six ux/ui designers that report to their respective product development teamsCompetency Requirements:
Integrity and Trust
Drive for Results
Building Effective TeamsSecurity Competencies:
Are We a Match?
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
- Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related field (i.e.: Human-Computer Interaction, interaction industrial or graphic design) or cognitive psychology, or combination of education or experience.
- Experience directing Brand definition, look and feel requirements for a consumer-directed online/mobile product
- Training or background in product development or marketing disciplines in addition to design is a strong plus.
- 8 years of experience in usability and/or a design related field
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics and visual design for products and services
- Capable of communicating interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Comfortable with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience conducting customer research-ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences.
- Extensive experience with design tools such as Visio, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Keynote, and Fireworks as they relate to documenting IA, interactions flows and high-fidelity screen level design.
- Experience designing across multiple device types and contexts (desktop, mobile, etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively defend design decisions
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience managing and building UX teams
- Strong visual design skills, including motion design.
- Sound design ability and experience.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.