Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. UX-UI Software Engineer - Secureworks
Location: Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX or US remote
In today's digitally connected world, an organization's security program should enable the business as well as protect it from an evolving threat landscape. Traditional security approaches alone are not enough to close the gaps that cybercriminals will try to exploit. Combined with Secureworks technology, our dedicated experts work across all security layers to detect faster, respond smarter, and predict and prevent more threats altogether. Our team's holistic approach to security empowers organizations with the confidence to grow and innovate, knowing they are prepared to outwit adversaries.
A recognized leader in the industry, Secureworks has been exclusively focused on cybersecurity since 1999. Partnering with more than 330 security technologies, we enrich our clients' defenses with intelligence from the 250 billion events we see every day across our 4,400 clients in 55+ countries. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers' polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.Role Overview
As a UX-UI Software Engineer, you will be a key member of an exciting new product development initiative. You will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing the User Experience and User Interface in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology, including Cloud services and microservices. We protect our customers by disrupting attacker tradecraft so we can deny them access to the networks we protect. This is a challenging and rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented to protect our clients from Internet intrusions.
The ideal applicant must have strong communication skills, solid analytical and problem solving skills and in-depth knowledge of UX/UI design and architecture best practices. Applicant must be highly motivated and willing to work in a team environment with very talented individuals on complex, early-stage development projects.Role Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to design and develop UX/UI for next generation security products
- Proficiency with web standards, responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Defining API specifications in coordination with back-end developers
- Proficiency with web data visualizations
- Work in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Work with UI build and test automation frameworks
- Evaluate new UX/UI tools and technologies for inclusion in products
As a managed security provider, Secureworks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.Required Skills and Experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Six (6) or more years of experience in UX/UI architecture, design, and development
- Expert in web standards, responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and working in team environments
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company)
- Experience with D3.js or similar data visualization package(s)
- Experience with Hapi.js server-side API development
- Experience with Material Design
- Experience with Git and other development automated build and code repository frameworks
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience working in Container and/or other microservices environments
- Knowledge of UI security issues and coding standards to prevent UI vulnerabilities
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R06001