Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This paid cooperative assignment is targeted to start in March 2017 for a period of six (6) months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long- term goals. This position will report to vaccine production management and support ongoing operational activities.
Under the guidance of Department Management, the Vaccine Manufacturing Automation Co-op will:
- Complete a variety of automation projects in support of vaccine manufacturing at West Point.
- Work with computer simulation to test proposed changes before implementation in the manufacturing environment.
- Author new and update existing GMP documentation.
- Expect involvement with daily plant operation, including upgrades and maintenance support for manufacturing equipment and interaction with many other production support groups including technology, quality, planning, and validation.
- Gain valuable understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety, environmental requirements and practical experience in equipment operation.
This is a full- time co-op position based in West Point, PA. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and if required by the student must be funded 100% by the student. Qualifications: Education:
- Required: Must be pursing a BS/MS degree in Engineering, Science, or operations based Business degree.
- Must be available for full-time employment for 6 months with targeted start date in spring 2017.
- Must be currently enrolled in an academic program and returning to school following this assignment.
- U.S. citizen and permanent residents required.
- Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and writing skills, with an attention to detail and an ability to work independently.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement