Eaton’s Power Systems, Electrical Sector – Americas, has one opening for a 2nd shift Vacuum Operator in our Vacuum Lab in South Milwaukee.
The selected candidate will be responsible for set-up, adjustment, and operation of all departmental equipment. This includes operation of electro polishing, silver plating, hydraulic presses, spot welders, and braze furnace equipment, and other operations performed as a vacuum operator.
- Assemble Vacuum Bottles
- Electro-polish Stainless Steel, Copper, & Monel
- Perform hipot, length, pressure & resistance tests
- Operate Silver Plating
- Load, Unload, and Operate the Furnace
- Pre-braze & Spot Weld
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials & their Locations
- Read & use Production Documentation including Blue Prints
- Notify department team leader / lead operator / supervisor / manager (escalation process) of all material and/or equipment deficiencies.
- Interface with other departments as production requires (Engineering, Quality, etc.)
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Contribute suggestions for methods or product improvement.
- Use and operate tools and equipment consistent with this job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• 2 or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No