GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Validation Engineering Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Validation Engineering Specialist will conduct system level wind turbine validation testing activities including measurements of turbine loads, acoustics, power quality, thermals, etc. In this role, the Validation Engineering Specialist will work on services new product introductions (NPI), cost reduction efforts, and performance improvements.
As the Validation Engineering Specialist, you will:
* Support the design, documentation, and calibration of test systems in support of acoustics, power production, loads, thermal, and other measurement campaigns
* Travel to test site locations to install, monitor, troubleshoot data systems
* Understand basic controls and be able to operate wind turbine generators to generate special load case conditions
* Support certification efforts for new turbine configurations
* Manage contracts with independent test institutes to ensure high-quality test data and reports are received in timely fashion
* Support the development of new test & learn capabilities
* Perform project management functions to plan and coordinate prototype operation
* Hold reviews and utilize configuration management to capture documentation
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of Wind Turbine or Services Engineering experience)
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time
* Ability and willingness to climb wind turbine towers of a minimum of 300 feet
* Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in Services Engineering
* Hands on skills for using test equipment both electrical and mechanical
* Knowledge of Process Validation, Statistical Analysis, Technical Documentation, Engineering Standards, or Guidelines
* Proven ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions
* Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment with a global team across cultural boundaries
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.