PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
As a member of the Transaction Services practice, you will help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world's most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues. We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements. For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize. As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
Our Tangible Asset (machinery, equipment, and real estate) Valuation professionals apply engineering concepts in a business environment. Engagements typically require plant inspections, discussions with operations, engineering, and financial personnel, development of asset replacement costs, useful life studies, and the opportunity to acquire tangible asset appraisal expertise. The members of the TS Tangible Asset Valuation team operate in an environment that requires both engineering and business insights. Team members exhibit an interest in researching methods of production and also play a substantial role serving the Firm's audit clients by assisting the Firm's core audit teams in reviewing valuation analyses and participating in the resolution of complicated issues.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Science specialty providing a solid foundation for understanding how manufacturing and production facilities create products
Degree(s) Preferred: Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Quantitative Analysis with coursework and/or concentration in valuation methods
Demonstrates some proven knowledge and success in roles participating on Valuation teams within a professional services firm that emphasizes the following areas:
- Contributing to the creation of valuation models based on valuation principles (including the market approach, cost approach, income approach, cost approach and/or discounted cash flow method), especially as it applies to the principles of the valuation of tangible assets, analysis of third-party valuations; challenge of assumptions; and performance of sensitivity analyses
- Participating on, client-facing project teams and engagements, driving toward the development of creative solutions that involve performing site inspections; conducting interviews with clients; and performing in-depth machinery and equipment, client, industry, and market research
- Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively
Demonstrates some proven abilities and related success in roles, preferably within a professional services firm, involving the following areas related to the participation on Valuation engagement teams:
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal-oriented environment.
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including the following: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Writing and presenting cogently for industry audiences and clients, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and the writing and presentation of whitepapers.
- Creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress.
- Conducting independent research to gain an understanding of complex valuation issues, translating and communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative Valuation-related analyses, utilizing an advanced use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel for the preparation, manipulation, and analysis of large data sets.
- Willingness to travel, as client assignments require it
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.