At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Value Stream Leader for the Infection Prevention Division located in Flemington, NJ. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The Value Stream Leader, located in Flemington, NJ, will be responsible for developing and executing manufacturing strategies and operational plans that drive continuous improvement for safety, quality, service, and cost for the Device Reprocessing business. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure EHS continuous improvement, compliance and accountability through active and visible leadership, along with effective coaching to drive employee engagement.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable standards (FDA, ISO, etc.) and regulations.
- Drive sustainable improvements in factory cost through application of 3M's LMS, Value Stream Improvement Planning, Lean Six Sigma, and Entitlement Thinking.
- Ensures products are manufactured on schedule, and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Determine required exempt, direct and indirect employee staffing levels; initiate and approve requisitions; interview, select candidates for employment.
- Provide direct supervision to professional and support levels which include objective setting, performance management, training, coaching and developing.
- Develop annual capital and operating budgets. Maintain compliance to department budget.
- Member of the plant operating committee.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in a leadership and/or supervisory role
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university
- Medical device manufacturing experience in ISO and FDA regulated environments
- Web handling and automated converting experience
- Experience leading high performing cross functional teams
- Strong operator engagement and understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Strong communication and change management skills
: Flemington, NJTravel:
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.