Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Value Stream Leader, Supplier Transfers (Global Orthopaedics). The position will be based in Bridgewater, NJ, West Chester PA, or Raynham, MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Value Stream Leader (VSL) – Supplier Transfers will be responsible for product transfers to multiple global suppliers in support of DePuy Synthes/Johnson & Johnson Companies. The category and spend are high complexity in nature and require a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. The VSL is accountable for the management of all DePuy Synthes activities and resources that are needed for cost-efficient tech transfers between commercial sites to sustain supply to Customers. He/She has full end-to-end accountability for the flawless transfer of products and processes at our External Manufacturers with a focus on quality, supply reliability and for implementing the strategic initiatives for products produced at External Manufacturers. He/she will lead the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for quality, service, compliance adherence and financial performance.
He/she will provide Global and Regional Leadership for deploying end-to-end supplier strategies, fostering key relationships within the business and managing supplier relationships. The position must connect, shape and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
• Lead global, cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams that will be responsible for Tech transfers as identified through Transformation or Cost Savings Projects.
• Use project management skills to meet project goals without compromising quality, scope, budget or schedule
• Develop, monitor, and communicate project budgets
• Defines project strategy and ensures execution in order to meet deliverables and milestones.
• Manage supply chain related risks through the development and launch readiness stages. Leads the team in identifying, mitigating, and communicating risk to stakeholders.
• Provide feedback to team members and their functional management on performance.
• Communicate effectively across disciplines and companies to keep senior management and key stakeholders informed of project status, issues, conflicts, and mitigating actions as necessary
• Build strong cross-functional synergies and partnerships within Procurement, Quality, Compliance, Regulatory, Engineering/Technical, Commercial and External Manufacturing Companies.
• Lead resolution of cross-functional issues and ensures team reaches decisions or escalates as required
• Challenge the status quo and defining innovative approaches to continuously improve processes, systems, and structures
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• A minimum of 12 years of supply chain experience
• Experience managing global projects with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, lead, and deliver results
• Broad-based understanding and demonstrated knowledge in the area of global Health Authority requirements for product transfers and site readiness.
• Experience leading multifunctional, virtual teams
• Overall strong working knowledge of Quality Assurance, Compliance, Regulatory, Manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries and cultures, through influence, negotiation and partnering
• Demonstrated people leadership/talent development experience.
• Demonstrated strong leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration.
• Strong negotiation and contract executing experience.
• Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues.
• Ability to show strategic thinking.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information to stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to continuously improve the organization.
• Ability to travel between 25-50% international and domestic.
• Advanced technical degree and/or MBA
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.