Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Value Stream Leader, X-Ray Generation-Inserts
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Join the Electric Avenue team in transforming the Tubes Manufacturing process to support our "Tube in a Day" vision. The Value Stream Leader (VSL) provides leadership and support for the implementation, development & direction of production teams and department. The position implements actions to improve product & process quality, as well as accelerating and supporting cultural change efforts aimed at achieving organizational goals.
1. Providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment.
2. Monitoring and improving productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
3. Developing and creating training plans to maximize workforce capability
4. Leading Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
5. Initiating/executing sustainable process improvements to exceed customer expectations while using lean strategies to drive continuous process improvement
6. Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. May also be responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
7. Ownership of material ordering & availability, including communication with vendors, expediting part shortages & driving inventory accuracy.
8. Facilitating workouts, value stream mapping sessions and activities to achieve business results.
9. Support materials set-up & availability for new product introductions.
10. Provide critical manufacturability feedback to new product teams to ensure future products meet business financial commitments.
11. Some roles may also include technical support & production troubleshooting and coordination of manufacturing releases.
1. Bachelor's Degree with 2 years production, supply chain experience or leadership or High School diploma/GED and 7 years production or supply chain experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams.
3. Demonstrated ability to identify and implement Best Practices and deal with high levels of ambiguity
4. Demonstrated solid performance, leadership and experience in lean
5. Proven experience in influencing, leading teams and driving change results orientation
6. Good analytical and planning skills
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. MBA or Masters
2. Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices
3. Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
4. Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
5. Prior Team Leading experience
6. Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
7. OMLP/ETLP graduate
8. Greenbelt certification
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.