Eaton Aerospace Group located in N. Charleston, SC has an opening for a Value Stream Manager.
The primary function of this position will be to manage and develop the high performance work team. Lead, facilitate and coordinate production activities and resources per established practices and/or policies within the job area to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations. Establish and maintain a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton’s Values, Ethics and Philosophies. Clearly communicate expectations and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance.
- Supports the following people initiatives for the facility: Eaton Values and Philosophy, Ethics, Diversity, APEX, OCA, and E-Star.
- Actively participates in the following environmental health and safety initiatives: MESH, ISO14001, and the safety / environmental programs established for the facility for a safe work environment. Follow all environmental health and safety procedures and practices to assure a safe work environment. Identify and report unsafe conditions or practices to your manager, EHS Manager, safety coordinator, or any member of the safety team.
- Participates in the following quality initiatives / programs: Eaton Quality System (EQS), ISO-9001, and etc.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System.
- Collaborates in the development and execution of facility profit plan objectives and balanced scorecards.
- Responsible for holding dotted line reports accountable through tier 2 meetings and daily accountability tracking.
- Develops and controls work team budgets.
- Supports continuous improvement of area processes.
- Participates in the planning of Work Area SIOP, then monitors and controls plans.
- Maintains and develops the staffing/personnel strategy for the department.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Act as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem solving tools such as ELS (Eaton Lean System) and 5S.
- Engage workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn and by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Actively participate in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area.
- Coordinate and/or participate in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years in a Manufacturing or Operations environment
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- B.S. Degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering is preferred.
- Working knowledge of production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques, 5S, Six Sigma, and Quality systems (e.g. QS 9000, ISO 14001, ISO-9001, AS9100) preferred.
- Prior Machining experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership and teaming skills, solid analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to hold a team accountable to goals and KPIs
- Previous manufacturing engineering experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.