Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Value Steam Manager. The Value Stream Manager will be sitting out of the Waukesha, WI location.
The Value Stream Manager is responsible for leading a manufacturing team in achieving quality, cost, delivery and employee safety goals.
- Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, near miss reporting, 8D investigations, equipment maintenance, and safety principles enforcement.
- Meets or exceeds product quality requirements using plant quality tools, including LPA, QAR, first piece approval, and audit processes. Deploys and reinforces quality expectations with Frontline Leaders and production associates, with a focus on accountability.
- Selects, develops, and motivates product line personnel and resources to achieve established goals for productivity, quality/scrap, cost, engagement, and profit.
- Monitors product line Staffing for best utilization of both direct and indirect labor.
- Establishes product line priorities as they apply to current product, standards and processes.
- Assists with capital project planning under the direction of the Operations Manager,
- Coordinates manufacture of product to meet customer requirements, including scheduling of product, or collaborating with Production Control for efficient scheduling of product throughout the facility.
- Monitors and improves general plant activities such as safety, 5S, lean initiatives, and communication/information systems.
- Works with Production Control to establish appropriate inventory levels, and adherence to the established inventory goals.
- SIOP process co-owner in conjunction with Production Control, through the forecasting of production output for areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Plant Manager in setting, communicating, and achieving department goals and objectives. Develops and maintains performance metrics as required to drive results, and analyze results as a tool for identifying and initiating process improvements.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, fostering innovation and continuous learning, by providing ongoing feedback.
- Drives continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System processes and problem solving tools such as Eaton Lean System, Six Sigma, and 5S.
- Drives the company's vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout areas of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in business, quality, or engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years prior work in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 years prior management/supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate positive and constructive feedback to employees or co-workers.
- Advanced knowledge of production planning, product flow, inventory control, and the product and its application.
- Knowledge in Statistical Process Control and TS 16949.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques and proactive counseling methods.
- Skills in teaching, training, motivation, and development of employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Administrative skills to include planning, coordinating, team building, communication, organization, and time management.
- Ability to direct the training, motivation and development of personnel in the product line group.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.