Variable Data Programmer (VDP) is responsible for programming and scripting languages to develop complex variable programs based on customer specific business rules and requirements, and generating print ready file streams in PDF, VPS and PPML that will be printed on digital imaging presses. Individual must be self-motivated and be capable of finding and correcting problems as necessary, detailed and quality oriented, and able to work well with team members to achieve customer demands. Candidate must possess good customer facing skills and be willing to work as part of a team offering wider technical support when needed.
- Perform data manipulation, provide data quality assurance reporting
- Work with Account Management Team to receive/review client specs and instructions
- Coordinate with customer service, billing and invoicing departments to ensure accurate cost of additional time and services
- Program new and duplicate products for digital output
- Assist with new product development by managing needs between the Customer Service Rep, the Sales Representative, the client, and other parties
- Perform Quality Control checks on new products to ensure functionality before release
- Support the AGS sales team in the pursuit of new customers by attending meetings with clients and creating demo products or showing previous examples
- Coordinate with sister companies, as necessary, to ensure jobs processed on the communal server will be completed in a timely manner
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.