Vascular Tech - PRN (As Needed)
Location : Medical City Dallas
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas Hospital is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas, just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs.
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400 in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
Vascular Tech Job Summary :
- Perform vascular ultrasound and functional procedures independently
- Vascular tech will possess a high degree of independent judgment, ingenuity, initiative and skill to produce diagnostic studies that are interpretable by the physician.
- Provide testing for patient across the care continuum. (neonate, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Process preliminary reports for physician interpretation and entry into the patient's medical record.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical understanding of the studies as well as the instrumentation.
- Maintain safety and function for a variety of associated equipment.
- Formalize annual education and competencies for vascular department
- Preceptor for all students and newly hired staff
- Serve as facilitator of cross training between vascular and echo departments with the ultimate goal of dual registry.
Education/Experience Required :
- College or technical training program, preferred
- Possess a detailed knowledge of vascular anatomy, physiology and hemodynamics
- Three to four years minimum experience in vascular ultrasound, preferred.
Licensure/Certification Required :
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Apply basic computer skills
- Employ critical thinking skills
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom