SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. *Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing Doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, duplex imaging and sound spectrum analysis according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies.
2. *Compiles reports to communicate test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
3. Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
4. *Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
5. Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
6. *Correlates non-invasive test results with other radiologic modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
7. *Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
8. Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during procedures.
9. * Demonstrates proficiency in operating and troubleshooting equipment in the Vascular Lab.
10. * Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
11. * Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
12. * Takes call after regular hours.
13. Participates actively in continuing education and assists in education of new staff as requested.
14. Communicates effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and
physicians and serves as a liaison to promote interdepartmental relationships.
15. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
*THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required-Graduate of an accredited program in sonography or appropriate on-the-job training that meets the minimum requirements by ARDMS or CCI
Required - One year clinical experience in vascular sonography
Required - ARDMS( RVT) or CCI(RVS) vascular credential
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom