Colleton Medical Center's medical imaging department offers a wide range of services on an inpatient and outpatient basis with a concentration on the patient's needs, time, and comfort .
Colleton's medical imaging department prides itself on the variety of services provided as well as specialist radiology readings and the ability to electronically send images to the emergency department for faster diagnosis. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with Radiological Tech abilities
is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with Radiological Tech abilities
is responsible for daily operations of the sonographic laboratory, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA). The sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve.
***NIGHT SHIFT*** Fri.- Sunday 12hr shiftsQualifications: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Performs & is responsible for Radiological Technology, Ultrasound & Non-Invasive procedures under the direction of a Radiologist and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the ACR & ARDMS.
- Completes all ultrasound logs, worksheets, Meditech and PACS.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographers care.
- Explains and educates the patient about the procedures to assure understanding and cooperation.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintains adequate supplies.
- Performs quality control testing according to regulations.
- Presents images and preliminary findings to the radiologist or attending physician
- Assists Radiologist during invasive procedures.
- Practice and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Some clerical & transporting duties are included.
- Assist in covering call and holidays
- Ultrasound techs are responsible for maintaining their credentials and obtaining the required CEU's for certification.
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to clerical, transportation, ordering supplies, inventory, cleaning, and any other duties deemed necessary by the management team.
- RVT Certification along with ARRT Certification , American Heart Association BLS certification
- Graduate of school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Radiological Technology with a minimum of an Associate's Degree.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient / internal and external customer.
- Experience preferred in Diagnostic Ultrasound and Radiological Technology to include clinical hours from a school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Radiology Technology.
Degree of Supervision Required:
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English. Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Involves general guidance and direction by Supervisors and/or Department Manager.
- The employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies, procedures and Radiologist protocols.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom