A Penske Virtual Diagnostic Assistant's (VDA) primary function is to assist field service technicians in the proper execution of the diagnostic process on a variety of vehicle classes and makes. Guiding field technicians to troubleshoot vehicle diagnostic fault codes accurately and quickly, following required repair procedures, and updating engine parameters or calibrations are critical aspects of Penske's business model. The VDA answers incoming calls from field technicians and provides remote diagnostic support with a high level of customer service. A VDA uses their own experience and training, the latest OE programs and documentation, and visual and audio communication links to coach our field associates through their troubleshooting challenges.
- Supports field customers with phone and remote vehicle diagnostic expertise and assistance using various OEM diagnostic programs / OEM web-sites / manuals / internal case base knowledge database systems, etc.
- Complete specific EM diagnostic software program training
- Follow-up on previously completed diagnostic troubleshooting calls and complete "Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Update "Case Base Knowledge" database system.
- Maneuver through various truck OEM diagnostic programs (fault -codes, component tests, calibration, reports, etc. to name a few).
- Complete the diagnostic issue that was called in from start to finish by the field customer.
- Complete "minor" diagnostic system repair / setting adjustments.
- Receiving in-bound calls from the field customer and assist in their diagnosis using various OEM diagnostic software programs as they relate to fault-codes, diagnostic repairs and diagnostic system issues (minor).
- Place out-bound calls and act a liaison for conference calls with various OEM call centers, PTL locations and other suppliers.
- Enter call information supplied by the field customer and corrective actions taken concerning the diagnostic repair into Penske's VDA Support Call Center case base knowledge database.
- Make outbound calls to follow-up on previous in-bound call requests to confirm a locations OEM diagnostic program(s)/diagnostic system(s) are continuing to operate properly after a previous logged call and/or repair has occurred.
- Act as a liaison between the Penske location field customer and OEM, Penske and / or Snap-On / Nexiq Technologies Support Call Center, as necessary, for additional troubleshooting assistance.
- Demonstrate excellent phone skills to interact effectively with internal (field customers) and external customers.
- Provide customer service, assuring that customers are satisfied with their experience which includes complete issue resolution.
- Manage multiple diagnostic issue situations (more than one call at a time) remotely at the same time on a daily basis.
- Resolve or escalate field customer service issues as they arise.
- Perform various duties as assigned by the Manager-Diagnostics & e-Tools to support the efficient operation of the VDA Support Call Center.
- Three to five years of experience in maintenance, training or diagnostic call center position with a solid working knowledge of light / medium & heavy-duty vehicle diagnostic programs is a must.
- Candidate should be a subject matter expert concerning various light / medium & heavy-duty OEM engines, chassis, braking and / or electrical system troubleshooting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical School Degree or Associate's Degree preferred; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Must be able to work in an active and fast-paced environment and remain accurate and calm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, typing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task on the phone and on a computer at the same time.
- Proficiency with the use of computers including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and internet browsing required.
- Ability for structured data entry required.
- VDA candidates must participate in various OEM diagnostic training that may require travel away from home including overnight stays throughout the year.
- Availability to work any one of four shifts, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 2:00 AM, as part of their regular weekly schedule may be required.
- Willingness to work in a call center office environment (highly structured, closely measured).
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to make it to the VDA Support Call Center in any type of weather.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Varying shifts between 8am and 2am
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.