The Global Supply Specialist position is responsible for all aspects of global seeds movements and prioritization of new seed harvests across multiple crops. A key focus is the distribution of seeds from production area through our processing plants and into our distribution channels. Review monthly seeds availability , optimize inventory utilization and communicate with regional production and supply teams. Duties also include inventory reviews, regularly monitor changes in inventory levels and crop acceptance for grower payment.
This position will require focus in the following areas:
- Inventory Scheduling & Planning
- Position new harvested seeds and/or inventory in appropriate Regional Processing Plants to meet demand in a timely manner across multiple crops.
- Work with Regional Supply and Production teams to prioritize Commercial crops based on forecasted regional demand.
- Ensure timely approval of batches for grower settlement for third party and home farm productions.
- Work closely with Regional Production Sites, Regional Processing Plants, Regional Supply Management, and Quality Assurance to determine capacity requirements and address bottlenecks that would hinder seeds movement.
- Review trade and compliance requirements. Communicate changes to production sites, ensure field inspections and/or laboratory seed testing can be performed.
- Maintenance of master data tables related to job responsibilities.
- Review and perform monthly supply availability as per commercial forecast and communicate with regional supply chain teams in cases there are excess or shortages foreseen based on global planning reports. Take corrective actions (Global Allocations) pertaining to supply gaps and/or excess inventory with the objective of balance supply situation, optimize inventory levels thus improving overall sales revenue & gross margin together with Global Production Planner/s.
- Review and manage seeds obsolescence with inputs from Global Production Planner (GPP) and Regional Supply Management with consideration of Monsanto Product Standards and future demand requirements.
- Manage sales order hold process .
- Manage ISO/QMS documents pertaining to their own role and processes.
- Seeks continuous improvement within their function thus improving overall processes/operations.
- Advanced Agility skills, which includes but is not limited to, ability to adapt quickly to changes or new opportunities and demonstrate a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- Reacts quickly to unexpected changes within teams, providing direction to the team
- Views and considers issues from the point of view of all impacted stakeholders
- Provides direction to teams in implementing changes based on opportunities
- Fully communicates the impact of the changes across teams
- Strong project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite , Business Objects (BO) and has strong computer skills
- SAP knowledge highly desired
- Ability to work effectively in a global, team-based and matrix environment
- Core Role Competencies
RELATIONSHIPS & NETWORKS
- Practices candid dialogue to resolve differences of opinion and build stronger solutions
- Keeps an open mind; challenges their own assumptions about different groups and people
- Promotes collaborative relationships by discouraging "We" vs. "They" thinking
- Encourages others to develop relevant working relationships with other functional groups
- Collaborates with people from other Monsanto groups to get work done
COURAGE & CANDOR
- Constructively challenges the status-quo to achieve better results
- Actively seeks input from others who have a diversity of thought and experience
- Confronts difficult situations and problems promptly without avoidance
- Fully understands the business strategy and then takes appropriate business risks
- Consistently speaks the Truth; operates with unquestionable integrity
- Clearly and compassionately helps organizations understand changes and what drives them
- Sets an example by embracing change personally and encouraging others to do the same
- Asks good questions to clarify changes but then quickly moves ahead
- Effectively senses and meets the needs of his or her internal customers
- Quickly adapts to changes in their work group with an open mind
INITIATIVE & FORESIGHT
- Effectively champions new ideas and technologies to meet business challenges
- Stays informed of developments and emerging trends in his or her field or business
- Anticipates unforeseen changes and always keeps one or two contingency plans in mind
- Manages and tracks execution of long-term visions, using clear metrics to hold self and unit accountable
- Consistently meets or exceeds milestones and commitments
- Keeps appropriate stakeholders apprised of progress towards goals
- Hold others accountable in a rigorous yet positive manner for commitments they've made
- Able to deliver short term commitments without sacrificing long-term viability
Education, Training and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years supply chain, logistics, planning, or business experience required
This position reports to Global Crop Scheduling Lead
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
- Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.