Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Vehicle Integration Systems Electronics Senior Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required: Skills
- Define, verify and support OEM integration of electronic and electrical interfaces (data link and discrete) for on-highway diesel engine applications.
- Lead development of OBD electronic interface standards and architecture for OEM installed electronic systems.
- Lead a cross functional team of OBD engineers and technicians to complete ARB required testing.
- Support VIL (Vehicle Integration Lab) capability development for new OBD specific failed part components.
- Support Installation Quality Assurance reviews of new OEM applications with regards to OBD required testing.
- Provide linkage between OBD engineers and Product Certification and Compliance (PC&C).
- Troubleshoot OEM device compatibility issues with engine control system H/W and S/W.
- Perform OEM interface and engine control system feature testing.
- Vehicle integration electronics current product support
- Understanding of vehicle electronic systems and their interfaces to engine controls.
- Engine/Vehicle Electronics troubleshooting ability
- Effective written and oral communication
- Knowledge of SAE J1939 communication protocols and tool use; J1939 CANalyzer,Vehicle Spy
- Ability to self-manage project schedules and deliverables.
- Knowledge of OBD regulations and their application in vehicle systems.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams within Cummins and external OEMs and OEM device suppliers.
- Understanding of test automation.
Base Engine Cross-Subsystem Knowledge - Aware of the basic components, relevant boundary diagrams and tech profile elements for the base engine subsystems and how they impact the operation of the super-system/machine system.
Develops Systems and Processes - Some knowledge or awareness of how to develop systems and processes. Limited application of systems and processes to improve and complete work. Documents simple work processes and procedures.
Requirements Engineering - Understands how Requirements Engineering fits into the life cycle of Cummins products and processes.
Product Validation - Includes the ability to install, setup, calibrate, and operate the equipment associated with testing in accordance with standard procedures and customer requirement. Is expected to understand the concepts of rating engines and driven components such as cooling systems, alternators, etc., and be able to use this knowledge to determine the rating of a product under various conditions.
Analyze Issues - Solid understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes. Applies accurate logic in solving problems Experience
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required, such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
BSEE or BSEET
Strong consideration will also be given to candidates who have equivalent Engineering experience and are also working towards an Engineering degree. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.