Vehicle Technician Job Description
The Autonomous Driving Group is looking for an Engineering Technician who will be responsible for modifying, assembling, and troubleshooting prototype cars with custom electro-mechanical components which will be fabricated by the technician, or purchased from external suppliers. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter who:
• Has passion for customizing and modifying cars, boats, or bikes
• Enjoys building and troubleshooting customized electronics - like a gaming computer or AV equipment
• Is a craftsman experienced in operating wide range of tools to ranging from metal work to carpentry, PCBA rework to cable harness fabrication and routing
• Is meticulously organized, with attention to detail, fit, and finish
• Uses and manages their time efficiently and effectively with limited direction QualificationsRequirements
Education and experience
- Hands-on builder able to remove, modify, and assemble vehicle components and prototypes
- Skillful in operation of hand tools, bench tools, and soldering equipment
- Practiced in making wiring harnesses, crimping, splicing, insulation, taping, and etc.
- Takes pride and craftsmanship in their work while being able to complete projects on a tight schedule
- Able to juggle multiple projects efficiently
- Basic knowledge of electronics and ability to troubleshooting electrical circuits down to component level
- Excellent soldering & rework skills (fine pitch components, 0201, 0402, QFNs, etc.)
- Ability to execute complex, detailed test procedures with just enough input from engineering
- Familiarity with proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices
- Able to organize and manage a lab environment to ensure high productivity for multiple engineering teams
- Professional and reliable work ethic
- Knowledge in computer system maintenance, maintaining/tracking software versions, and installing
Inside this Business Group
- Educational background in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology required (AS preferred)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
Automated Driving Group : Zero accidents. Mobility for all. Intel is collaborating with the world's leaders in automotive design and technology to turn visionary concepts for automated driving into reality. The Automated Driving Group (ADG) is architecting transportation for a better life and a safer world. We accelerate innovation and adoption of smart, connected, transformative, market leading automated driving solutions by delivering high performance SOC's, modules, software and reference designs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.