Job Summary - The Vendor Collections Management Team Lead is responsible for the training, support and day to day work flow management of the VCM Representatives.
Supervisor - VCM Manager
Supervises - not applicable
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Provides on-going training, coaching, and support to VCM Reps.
• Responsible for assembling and allocating daily work assignment to VCM Representatives.
• Assists VCM Manager with annual performance reviews for staff.
• Monitors Bankruptcy Exceptions, VCM Pool Completion, CWF and eRequest aging stats (daily) to ensure results remain within corporate policy/guidelines.
• Tracks and monitors VCM Rep productivity (daily)
• Performs monthly quality audit reviews on accounts assigned to VCM Reps as required by Corporate/SSC policy.
• Researches and responds to account inquiries and escalations from SSC management, SSC legal team, facility management, patients, vendors, etc.
• Review correspondence queues in the CWF system, taking appropriate action and documenting account accordingly.
• Audits accounts approved for legal pursuit by VCM Reps to ensure accounts appropriately qualify for legal based on SSC policy and that all necessary paperwork is provided to the attorneys
• Acts as patient account witness at court proceedings (if requested by Director)
• Handles agency and legal related inquiries from the Customer Support Team
• Monitors prelist to ensure weekly/monthly completion by required entities.
• Monitor's all self pay A/R, and collaborates with management to ensure proper account placement with collection agencies and timely agency close-backs.
• Coordinates with VCM Manager to maintain account placements numbers, inventories, invoice amounts.
• Initial approval for all vendor invoices.
• Perform VCM staff quality reviews as required by Parallon/SSC Policy.
• Facilitates completion of regular inventory reconciliations (at least monthly) for all vendors including eligibility, early out, bad debt, and 3rd party liability, etc.
• Approve charity write-offs based on threshold by reviewing account notes for appropriateness.
• Assist team members with questions, concerns, and complaints from insurance companies, patients, and other personnel.
• Assist managers in working with agencies.
• Assist with developing agency goals and actions plans.
• Provides administrative support by managing PTO requests, ordering supplies, and remote support for WFH employees
• Responsible for daily operations and review of TPL\MVA attorney requests, as applicable.
• Handles written correspondence regarding estates and bankruptcies from patients and/or vendors.
• Responsible for management of all Medicaid Eligibility related processes
• Practice and adhere to the "code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcome by providing training, advice and feedback to assist/support employees in achieving established performance standards
• Tactical execution - assist in monitoring operational processes and making recommendations for changes/adjustments as needed during the implementation or change to new products or processes
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High School diploma or GED required.
At least one year of related experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom