Reporting into the Procurement Vendor Lifecycle Manager, the Vendor Management Coordinator
will be responsible for the global coordination of the Vendor On-Boarding and Vendor Lifecycle Management process for American Express Global Business Travel (GBT). This position will be based in Tampa, FL and will work within the Procurement function for Global Business Travel.
This role will provide support to the business through providing guidance to the internal global GBT business users on the processes required to bring new suppliers onto the GBT Approved Supplier List, across all commodities and 26 markets, and furthermore will have responsibility of establishing and coordinating a vendor management process for high value or high risk vendor relationships.
The Vendor Management Coordinator will be the first point of contact for areas of the business seeking guidance on the On-Boarding Process, and they will maintain an inventory of all in-progress vendors, liaise with the Compliance Team, the Procurement Sourcing Team, the Technology Team, and the Legal Team and will track the vendor on-boarding engagements through to completion, contract execution, and contract record management.
Organizationally, there are two Vendor Management Coordinator roles who work in partnership together to support the GBT business, both of whom report into the Procurement Vendor Lifecycle Manager. Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the progress of each vendor engagement, whereby ensuring that the business units are following the correct procedures and providing advice and guidance as required
- Maintaining a large electronic contracts data base with expiry dates and key terms, and providing timely notification of expiring contracts to the Procurement Commodity Managers
- Using the GBT Procurement approvals matrix to seek approvals from GBT leadership according the commodity and business area, prior to the commencement of the on boarding process
- Validate the completeness of the process prior to signature being confirmed
- Create and maintain electronic records of executed vendor contract documents
- Publishing the contract documents to the Coupa Workbench (Procurement tool)
- Produce ad hoc reports to GBT leadership on progress of vendors going through the process
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, relationship management and influencing skills
- Understand company policies and evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure vendors comply with contractual terms and conditions
- Minimum 5 years in progressively challenging roles with strong knowledge of Procurement in areas such as sourcing, negotiations, risk review, on-boarding process, performance management and/or vendor management
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Technology or other related Business Field
- Experience with vendor management processes specific to vendor management program implementations
- Broad commodity expertise across a variety of categories of goods and services
- Good knowledge of negotiating and structuring agreements
- Enthusiastic, proactive contributor who takes on tasks and brings them to prompt completion
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Business Spanish language skills highly desired, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and adjust priorities as necessary
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and bring them to resolution; respect for confidentiality
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Great team player, yet with the ability to work with minimal supervision and take on responsibility when needed
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .