Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Vendor Management Inventory Technician in Youngstown, OH! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Vendor Management Inventory Technician delivers and services key vending account customers and customer cabinets / storerooms relative to inventory of gases, consumables and safety products. Additionally, this position does basic troubleshooting and mechanical repairs as needed. This position focuses on services existing accounts throughout an assigned territory. ES
SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery and replenishment of various industrial products vending machine or storeroom items.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and repair mechanical systems as needed.
- Review manual stock levels of various inventories at multiple plant departments for reorder.
- Maintain dedicated branch inventory levels for proper replenishment.
- Tracks and turns in delivery tickets and consignment fill tickets.
- Other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Candidates with an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales will be given priority consideration.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years experience in product distribution or inventory management.
- Experience with welding and safety products, or related industrial products a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently and under
- pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated planning skills and outstanding personal relationship skills.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to
- customers and employees.
- Strong problem-solver, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds within
- Airgas and outside the Company.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have a valid US driver's license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Moderate to Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Workspace space is that requires both indoor & outdoor environments) in various seasonal weather conditions.
- Job requires visitation to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility. Environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for an extended period of time or on a continual basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.