Job Location: Cary, NC
The Global Technology Vendor Management Office (GTO VMO) is a newly created organization tasked with supporting MetLife EAD, EI&A and RAD organizations through a centralized supplier management function. The organization manages vendor relationships across the entire technology organization, working closely with the procurement office, but operating as a separate entity within GTO. VMO priorities will be to focus on best practices for managing suppliers in four key areas: cost, compliance, reporting and innovation.
- Work directly with business owners (vendor relationship owners and line of businesses) to ensure timely entry of third parties into the compliance review process at RFP / exploratory stages of engagement
- Impact various Third Party Risk Management program initiatives working closely with the Third Party Risk Management Office
- Represent VMO on cross-functional committees and /or facilitating certain compliance committees
- Facilitate/Support top-to-top meetings and ensure effective preparation, briefing, alignment, and execution for key executive meetings and updates
- Support tracking & trend analysis of financial, operational risk for the GTO VMO
- Leverage corporate partners(Risk/Security/Legal/Procurement) to ensure timely due diligence and vendor evaluations as needed for the business
- Overseeing execution of a compliance plan for strategic players; manage partner escalations and drive issue resolution
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely; Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure; Participate in root cause analysis and the identification of customer experience improvement activities
- Identify hotspots and develop non-confrontational warning system for repeat offenders
- Support internal education and best practices sharing for Line of Businesses, as well as third parties for awareness, as needed
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control and identify inefficient business processes that hinder compliance
- Bachelor’s required; major in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related technical or business field preferred
- 5+ years of IT and business/industry work experience
- Broad knowledge of technology - applications and infrastructure, strong business acumen, excellent communication skills (oral and written), knowledge of vendor relationships, business operations, planning, budgeting, and performance measures.
- Prefer: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field
Group Technology – Enterprise Infrastructure
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 41182
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.