Job Location: Cary, NC
The Global Technology Vendor Management Office (GTO VMO) is a newly created organization tasked with supporting MetLife EAD, EI&A and RAD organizations through a centralized supplier management function. The organization manages vendor relationships across the entire technology organization, working closely with the procurement office, but operating as a separate entity within GTO. VMO priorities will be to focus on best practices for managing suppliers in four key areas: cost, compliance, reporting and innovation.
- Performs activities that support a variety of strategic business planning functions.
- Provides leadership and direction for large scale communications and metrics.
- Present a single interface to VMO on large globally focused initiatives around engagement, planning, and delivery. Incumbent will participate in business planning, operational and expense management reporting, and benchmarking and performance measurement.
- Speak with broad technical knowledge to MetLife’s existing vendor performance results as well as participate in positioning for future outsourcing initiatives.
- Works closely with offshore resources (GOSC) to coordinate reporting activities required for compliance of Critical and Major IT suppliers.
- Represent VMO on cross-functional committees.
- Facilitate/Support top-to-top meetings and ensure effective preparation, briefing, alignment, and execution for key executive meetings and updates.
- Bachelor’s required; major in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related technical or business field preferred
- 5+ years of IT and business/industry work experience: The Lead Vendor Management role requires a broad technical skillset- a balance between a very strong overall understanding of enterprise IT applications and infrastructure coupled with strong communication and organizational networking skills is a must.
- Broad knowledge of technology - applications and infrastructure, strong business acumen, excellent communication skills (oral and written), knowledge of vendor relationships, business operations, planning, budgeting, and performance measures.
- Prefer: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration (MBA), or related field
Group Technology – Enterprise Infrastructure
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 43161
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.