Vendor Manager - Print About the Job
The Vendor Operations Management team is looking for an experienced Vendor Manager in the field of print procurement; the candidate will work closely with internal teams and external vendors to be a front-facing contact for our 100 direct mail programs.
We are looking for a professional who is ready to work independently, likes to take initiative, and roll up his/her sleeves to dig into all aspects of challenging pre-press, printing, postage and mailing conundrums. From working within print requirements to advising on how to prepare files for multi-color high-speed digital, offset and flexography printing to helping us streamline processes for quality output, you will have a strong voice for how we put together and mail printed pieces, quickly and efficiently.
On a day-to-day basis, you will coordinate the delivery of printed pieces in a timely manner and use your knowledge and experience to integrate process improvements and enhancements. You will be responsible for working with external vendors to coordinate processes, pricing and production of all things direct mail. That includes understanding and implementing strategic objectives while maintaining quality, budgets and turnaround time.
An ideal candidate will collaborate on print strategies and manage vendor relationships from contract negotiations to fulfillment across the US and abroad.
The role will be supporting multiple product lines as well as other facets of the Utility business unit - the work we do helps drive the planet towards a sustainable energy future while helping consumers understand their energy use, saving money and our planet. Our office has a casual dress-code, frequent happy hours, stocked snack pantry, and a kegerator in the office - usually containing a local brew. About You
You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. You are a master at time management. You enjoy working with people in a variety of roles across multiple departments. You have a strong appreciation for good design (you cringe when you see an RGB image or 8 pt. reverse Comic Sans in a print ready file or a shabbily planned direct mail piece). You pay extremely close attention to detail - you find yourself critiquing direct mail pieces in your mailbox, applaud nicely printed movie posters and menus when you go out with your friends. You notice dot gain and when things are even one pixel off. No matter the task, you're not afraid to have fun in your job. Responsibilities
- Manage and schedule projects on a weekly basis and act as a point of contact on behalf of Vendor Operations Management team
- Manage and maintain assigned vendor relationships related to daily production of 100 direct mail programs
- Plan and coordinate business review meetings with vendors
- Independently review variable data and design templates, assign projects to appropriate print partner and sign-off large run direct mail project for production
- Provide quality assurance across all direct mail deliverables to ensure our marketing collateral is top-notch
- Use your expertise to ensure that files are packaged correctly and optimized for printing
- Ensure continuous improvement and optimal solutions to meet the overall department and internal client needs
- Manage all activities for printed collaterals including, inventory order and maintenance, high/low stock threshold, expiration and receiving
- Quickly learn the our platform to understand issues before they happen and provide guidance to development teams in anticipation of future products
- 10 years in managing direct mail production process
- Self-starter, who shows initiative, easily transitions between multiple projects, and troubleshoots problems along the way
- Print procurement experience (national and international markets)
- A master of time management - you can easily juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong understanding of four-color high-speed digital and offset printing, mailing formats, postal requirements and personalization techniques
- Ability to preflight and troubleshoot pre-press related issues
- Extensive knowledge in all areas of inventory management and fulfillment
- Direct experience with sourcing printing and mailing related services
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.