Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Reporting to the Vendor Relations Manager, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of third party relations. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Addresses day-to-day issues related to the Vendor contracts, and works with internal partners to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Assist Manager in any internal oversight or external regulatory audits.
- Ensures Vendors are meeting contractual obligations.
- Assist as necessary with the on-boarding process of all new vendors.
- Reviews and analyzes processes and procedures to identify needs and provides recommendations with high emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Runs analysis on vendors and departmental performance. Examines, draws conclusions, and provides recommend actions.
- Interacts externally to resolve issues effecting operations. This includes, but is not limited to vendors, and other outsourced companies.
- Codes payable invoices with correct general ledger codes to ensure proper entry into computer.
- Records all incoming issues, reconciling and settling all AP inquiries such as vendor statements, negotiating payment terms, and following up with vendors to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assists with developing and implementing process improvement solutions related to vendor processes and works with operating areas to implement.
- Resolves issues with individual invoices to allow the invoices to be approved for payment
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
None required. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.