This is a non commissioned role. The Vertical Sales Specialist is responsible for defining the global strategy and routes to market for their assigned industry segment designed to create pull for all of Intel's product and solutions across all of Intel's Business Units. This requires deep knowledge of the segment, the key business imperatives impacting it and the ability to define the solutions, partners, accounts and programs needed to achieve growth in both our market, our share and our through leadership.
The Insurance Lead will focus on developing and delivering Intel-based solutions and thought leadership for the property-casualty and life insurance industry. This role is an individual contributor position within the Industry Sales Group (ISG). The lead will identify current business challenges and future directions in the insurance space and work with the sales team, ecosystem partners, and internal business units to develop solutions and strategies to address those challenges and establish Intel as a technology and thought leader. The lead will be responsible for developing specific solutions and collateral for property-casualty and life insurance that can be used by the regional sales teams supporting these end user accounts to accelerate and reinforce their sales efforts to win Intel based datacenter, client, and IoT architectures. The lead will be responsible for developing and delivering messaging for thought leadership at industry events and with industry analysts. In addition, the lead will drive a coordinated internal and external strategy for IoT (wearables and sensors) and the usage of advanced analytics to transform the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategies and programs to accelerate the adoption and sale of Intel based products and solutions in the property-casualty and life insurance domain while adding value to end users
- Developing and delivering thought leadership messaging to accelerate and reinforce the selling efforts and establish Intel as a technology partner within the insurance domain
- Engage with the appropriate ecosystem partners to develop an end to end strategy to deliver and scale solutions to the insurance industry
- Develop and align (internally and externally) a strategy which encompasses IoT (wearables and sensors) data and advanced analytics to establish Intel as a thought leader in the transformation of the insurance industry
• Experience in either technology sales or IT/LOB areas of the property-casualty/life insurance industry
• Candidate must have a degree (BS/BA min) in business, engineering, or an affiliated discipline
• Candidate must have experience creating and driving a successful strategy across an diverse internal organization and with many external partners
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work across groups and geographies, and experience engaging with senior level executives.
• Candidate must possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and be a confident public speaker
In addition to the minimum qualifications, additional profile characteristics are preferred:
• Experience working in the insurance industry at a F500 account
• Knowledge of Intel's products and technologies and how to apply these to address business challenges
• Experience in establishing and implementing a global strategic vision
• Prior experience working with ecosystem partners (hardware, software, system integrator, etc.) to deliver complex solutions to end users
• MBA or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
• Understanding of new technology trends and disruptions (e.g. blockchain, machine intelligence, IoT, etc.)
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.